Ancient Grain and Sweet Potato Pasties
These pasties are the perfect idea for summer entertaining. The recipe features our Ancient Grain salad; a delicious combination of green wheat freekeh, lentils, kale and parsley in a lemon and cumin vinaigrette. Try it today!
|500g||Sweet potato (2 medium, approx.)|
|1 tbsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½ tsp||Cumin, ground|
|½ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||Fennel seeds|
|Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|275g tub||Ancient Grain Salad|
|3 sheets||Puff pastry sheets|
YOGHURT DRESSING (Optional):
|½ cup||Plain yoghurt|
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel sweet potato (optional, can simply wash) and chop into cubes, roughly 1-1.5 cm.
- Place sweet potato in a mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, ground cumin, fennel seeds, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix together, then transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, honey and turmeric together. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Place sweet potato in a bowl, and using a spoon or fork, mash some of the sweet potato.
- Add half of the Ancient Grain salad to the sweet potato, and mix together thoroughly.
- Using a large round cookie cutter (approx. 10-12cm in diameter), cut 12 discs of pastry.
- Divide mix between discs then fold edges in to form small pasties.
- Gently whisk egg and brush over pasties.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with turmeric yoghurt and remaining Ancient Grain salad.